Black oxide coated shaft.165K PSI Tensile Strength
Steel tensile strength 165K PSI
810mm spacing between rings
Relatively sharp knurling and good spin in the sleeves, as shown here:
Customer Reviews 10 item(s)
- Awsome bar and awsome service
- Awsome bar for the money! Great bar for general strength athletes! The Strengthshop staff gave me their undivided attention with my questions and concerns. This gave me the confidence to buy more of their products in the future. Strengthshop really is a diamond in the rough!
- Great product, flawless service
As noted by previous reviewers, the value of this bar is difficult to beat. Excellent knurling, neither too deep nor too shallow. The coating makes it less slippery than chrome, and I have substantially reduced my consumption of chalk since I've been using it. Good spin also, and moderate flex, which allows for use both for Oly lifts and for powerlifting. All in all, I'm definitely very happy with my purchase.
To top it off, it was shipped the same day I bought it, and received it in my home (in continental Europe, so extra merit) in just two days. Will definitely be buying more from strenth shop!
Nothing new here... Excellent bar for the money. Nothing compares literally. Nice knurling, not as deep as the Texas Power Bar, but covers the FULL length of the bar even at the very ends. Very nice colour and finish, the end caps hold the sleeves and not move AT ALL and the spin is very smooth..
Not tested at big weights yet, but its a decent cousin of the more expensive long-time tested bars..
- very impressed
- What a bar for the money! I'll be having more of these. Best Ive used short of a texas power bar!
- Great bar, great price
- What can I say about this bar apart from, great bar at a great price! The build quality is top notch, good amount of knurling and the spin is good. You get a 28mm diameter which you don't get with most other bars in this price range. For the price this bar cannot be beaten and this is why I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality olympic bar without paying the £££..
- Great bar for the price
- The bar has a great feel for a cheaper bar. First session on it I deadlifted up to a 260kg triple and it felt really good, grip never in doubt with the sharper knurling you don't usually get at this kind of price. I then did some lighter 60kg power cleans and again the bar felt really good. Nice one!
- Olympic Bar Black Oxide
- Had mine now for around 6 months. Bar is kept outside so is exposed to the elements, but still performs great. Love the amount of Knurling, for the price it cant be beaten.
- Great bar for the price
- I've had this bar for 6 months or so now since I left the gym at Grangemouth Stadium and built my home gym, and it really has performed brilliantly. While it might not last as long as a Texas Power Bar, or it doesn't have as much whip as an Eleiko Olympic Bar when performing Cleans & Snatches, it is incredible value for money. Would buy another in a heartbeat.
- Quality of the bar
- I purchased the 28mm bar as we have used various commercial Olympic bars but I wanted to try the oxide bar for Olympic lifts for myself and my clients. The first noticeable difference is the grip, particularly with the snatch, and the ease of grip on 1RM deadlifts. Much more stability and control! For the price range you can't go wrong, a big thank you from point blank fitness.
- Olympic Bar - Black Oxide Coated Review
- Purchased one these bars recently from Strength Shop specifically for deadlifting as I am a competitive powerlifter in Ireland. The 28mm bar diameter is excellent for easier gripping rather than the normal thicker 30mm bars. The knurling is good, though could be a little better, however the black oxide finish definitely makes up for this as it is much better than chrome for gripping, being a lot less slippy. The bar has a nice amount of flex in it when deadlifting, (only been up to 160kg so far with it!), and the sleeves spin well. The end cap design makes for low maintenance, not having to tighten the sleeves. A top quality bar for a very reasonable price.